|Expire Date: Apr 2016||Delivery Time: ~7 days|
Generic Nexium 40 mg
Generic Nexium 20 mg
|Expire Date: Mar 2016||Delivery Time: ~7 days|
Product InformationWhat is Nexium?
Nexium (Esomeprazole) is a drug used for treating a number of diseases and conditions, most of which are connected with high acidity in the stomach. This drug is commonly used to reduce the amount of gastric acid the stomach makes. It is a monograph and belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors, whose function coincides with the one described. The active ingredient found in Nexium is esomeprazole magnesium, a salt that rapidly breaks down in acidic environments and limits the body’s production of the named acid. It comes in the form of delayed-release capsules and is administered orally.
What are the indications for using Nexium?
Nexium should be taken for treatment of the following conditions:
• Dyspepsia – a condition also referred to as indigestion, characterized by pain and bloating in the stomach region. Dyspepsia is often an indicator of a bigger disorder or disease.
• Peptic ulcer disease – a condition where the tissue of the stomach is damaged by high acidic content, ulcers form.
• Gastroesophageal reflux disease – a reflux of the stomach’s content into the esophagus due to a number of reasons including dysmotility of the lower esophageal sphincter.
• Zollinger-Ellison syndrome – a condition caused by a tumor in the pancreas, which causes an extreme increase in the acidic content of the stomach.
• Erosive Esophagitis – a state of high irritation, swelling or inflammation of the esophagus. Like dyspepsia, esophagitis is usually a sign of a larger problem.
What is the dosage of Nexium?
Nexium comes in the form of 20 mg or 40 mg capsules. Usually, this drug is used over the course of 4 to 8 weeks, but the exact term should be stipulated by a doctor. Standards of dosage are based on age and condition being treated. For Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, the dosage should be 40mg twice per day, while other conditions require 20 or 40 once a day.
What are the contraindications for using Nexium?
This drug should not be taken by children under the age of 1, patients with allergies to Esomeprazole, its contents, as well as other proton-pump inhibitors. You should also know that the drug is not compatible with atazanavir or cilostazol, so they should not be consumed together.
What are the adverse effects of Nexium?
Reactions to Nexium may occur due to a number of factors. First of all, an allergy to the drug may cause swelling, hives, and difficulty breathing. Common side effects include drowsiness, nausea, dry mouth, diarrhea, and stomach pain, while other effects such as muscle cramps, seizure, and dizziness have been recorded in much smaller instances.